We wouldn’t be a financial institution if we didn’t charge fees for our services and you wouldn’t be a regular person if these fees didn’t frustrate you.
At Bay Credit Union our philosophy is to charge you a fair fee for the service you use. While that may sound obvious, it’s not always the same at other financial institutions.
We are committed to offering you a pay-as-you-go option and packages that are priced fairly.
Guidelines for Setting Service Fees
Bay Credit Union guidelines for setting service fees:
- Members using the same service are to receive fair and equitable treatment.
- It is important that members perceive service fees as fair and competitive, and that value is received for the service rendered.
- With fair and favourable pricing relative to the marketplace, members are to pay their fair share of costs for the services that they use.
- Charges and fees may be set to stimulate the usage of certain services or to deter undesirable practices, such as the writing of NSF cheques.
- In general, charges and fees are to be competitive in comparison with similar services or deterrent intentions available elsewhere.